Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alexdreams

Pot

36 posts in this topic

This may be offensive to some but I come to you with this question in a mature approach. I myself smoke some pot from time to time. I do so responsibly and as a mature adult. I don't take some idiotic high school teenager approach to it. So my question is, who here does casually as well? Don't have to answer if you do not want to and sorry if I offended anyone. Also if you do not what are your views on it?

Just some discussion :P

Edited by Alexdreams

I don't smoke it. But I wouldn't have a problem with it becoming legal, assuming it could be taxed appropriately. Even if it were legal I doubt I would smoke it often, if ever.

What bothers me most is when the people who do smoke it make sure everyone they talk to knows it. They think they are tough shit or something because they can break the law and be high. One such example being trust knight.

I don't smoke it. But I wouldn't have a problem with it becoming legal, assuming it could be taxed appropriately. Even if it were legal I doubt I would smoke it.

Something like that. Would not choose to partake, but do feel that it should be legal.

?Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit . . . unnatural?? - Bill Hicks

I don't smoke it. But I wouldn't have a problem with it becoming legal, assuming it could be taxed appropriately. Even if it were legal I doubt I would smoke it often, if ever.

What bothers me most is when the people who do smoke it make sure everyone they talk to knows it. They think they are tough shit or something because they can break the law and be high. One such example being trust knight.

Yeah I understand what you mean. That is what I consider high school immature idiot pot smokers. I've met some doctors and very successful people who you would think would not want to have anything to do with it and it made me wonder:P

Yeah idiots who brag are the ones who have given the people who don't know much about it a reason to stereotype it as something pathetic.

I rarely do it 1-2 times a month, doing it daily like its a job can be a bit childish I guess it just depends if you can handle it as a mature adult or a be a excuse my language a stupid fucking idiot about it.

All the cool kids carry an ounce around to class. Still haven't figured out why so much...

Edited by Espio101

Smoking is for bad kids like Shane

something i'll never do, all the people i work with are huge pot heads and i dont wanna be like them at all, get offered it every other time i go to work lol

never tried it, prolly never will.

Edited by Jason

Even though its not medically legal in my state I've had my doctor suggest I smoke it for pain and to help me get an appetite...so yeah I have smoked but not a lot, and rarely for anything that wasnt medical...though you can't really be in my family without smoking and being around it...I remember my moms pot garden is a kid...its just something everyone I'm related to does and accepts as just part of who they are I guess.

I do understand the appeal though because it did help me a lot and it made me feel normal for a while during a time where the pain I was in made me feel like I coulnt participate in normal activities. I think it should be legal, I feel that alcohol which is legal is a lot more detrimental to both health and a persons mental state honestly...I just think it needs to be taxed and sold only in specific stores and used responsibly. My cousin is actually leading a campaign in our state for its legalization though I doubt it will be legal here until it is pretty much everywhere else in the US because this is a really conservative state.

I agree with Kyle too though...I don't like it when people wear their pot habit like some badge of coolness...it doesn't make them look cool it just makes them look desperate for attention.

I have tried it, dont like it, i think it stinks and gives me a headache, I have no problem with people who do smoke it although I would prefer it not done in my presence due to its revolting smell.

oh and i'd rather it not be legalised except for medical reasons, already see too many gronks and bogans running around as it is, if it were legal i'd have to walk passed their stench on a regular basis - nty.

Edited by Meg Grace

I've smoked it socially in my younger years :rolleyes:

I've also seen the devastation it can cause when people get addicted to it an for that reason am glad it is illegal but on the other hand believe it should be available for medical reasons only. I have a friend that smokes it for pain relief for their Multiple Sclerosis and it's sad to think that they risk getting arrested and then fined/possible prison sentence just because they are easing the terrible pain they are in.

Honestly, I think it should be legal for not only medical purposes, but for recreational as well. I don't smoke it myself, but I think it could greatly improve the economy. Plus, if you think about it, in my opinion, I think all those people that smoke it because they're "cool" would start to die out. Just look at alcohol and the prohibition. After a while people just started drinking as more of a casual thing, but during the prohibition it was more of the "cool" kid type of deal.

As far as it helping out the economy, the drug business is enormous, and I wouldn't be surprised if pot was a bigger percentage of it. Just think of one example. Say you got some guys with a bunch of pot on a boat, $100,000 worth, and they get caught, go to jail, and lose all the pot. That's 100K less that's circulating through our economy now, and two business men have been thrown in jail.

Not only that but I think crime rates would drop as well. Just imagine if like cigarettes were illegal. People would be enraged. Shit would go down. Violence would go up, etc. So just think of the contrary.

i've smoked several mainly in high school not sooo much in college now...but in mass it has been decriminalized and is only a $100 fine if you have under 1 ounce... my roommates smoke everyday and they are just as smart as me... so its all depends on the person who is smoking i guess

I used to smoke quite a bit when I was younger. I did in high school, college and even after. I really do not have a problem with adults doing it. It was a mistake for me to smoke as much as I did when I was younger, though, but I would say the same thing about drinking as well. I started doing both when I was 14. I eventually overdid it with everything, and I have now been clean and sober for over six years. I definitely believe that starting young made it harder to break away when I was older, not to mention the ways it probably inhibited me developmentally. I certainly don't think that everyone who smokes pot will end up like I did. I just think it is better left to adults.

That being said, sometimes I look at skills like runecrafting and think that it would be way more fun after a few bong hits, but I would probably just get lost on Karamja and try to talk to the monkeys.

I've smoked it socially in my younger years :rolleyes:

I've also seen the devastation it can cause when people get addicted to it an for that reason am glad it is illegal but on the other hand believe it should be available for medical reasons only. I have a friend that smokes it for pain relief for their Multiple Sclerosis and it's sad to think that they risk getting arrested and then fined/possible prison sentence just because they are easing the terrible pain they are in.

Addiction is a thing in some ones mind. I myself can stop something anytime I want including smoking pot. Like rebelioness said just depends on the mind state and maturity level of who it is dealing with it. Rebelioness I agree totally with you in my high school years id smoke an 8th a day and now that i look at it i think of how pathetic it was ans how it ruined a lot of good things even lost my gf so yeah. Like Einstein said people who don't make mistakes never try anything new;)

I've only done it a few times, the feeling is okay but I honestly prefer the feeling of being drunk, being high just makes me relaxed and not want to do anything whereas alcohol makes me want to get up and do something mischievous, just what I find more fun.

I know kids who do it everyday and post statuses on Facebook like, OHHH I'M SO STONED LOL, which I find really pathetic and I agree with what you say, if you can't be mature about it don't bother.

I've only done it a few times, the feeling is okay but I honestly prefer the feeling of being drunk, being high just makes me relaxed and not want to do anything whereas alcohol makes me want to get up and do something mischievous, just what I find more fun.

I know kids who do it everyday and post statuses on Facebook like, OHHH I'M SO STONED LOL, which I find really pathetic and I agree with what you say, if you can't be mature about it don't bother.

yeh posting on facebook it on facebook is just pathetic L, i dont understand why people feel that everyone needs to know every single move they make, never had a facebook never will lol.

Military drug tests randomly.

I think the whole thing is stupid. I have several family members who are complete pot heads and I think it's ridiculous. Idc about all the 'lets use it for medical reasons', pfft bullshit, it's not a valid excuse, you don't need drugs.

Don't pollute your body, you only get one.

That being said, sometimes I look at skills like runecrafting and think that it would be way more fun after a few bong hits, but I would probably just get lost on Karamja and try to talk to the monkeys.

This made me literally lol. There are a few people on my friends list who I could really see this happening to =P

Also, Emily I want to try to get what your saying but its kinda ridiculous to me. Lots of drugs are given to people for valid medical reasons...lots of people including myself would have been dead without the help of modern medicine. Just because some guys in power deem one certain substance is legal and one isn't doesn't make all of the medical research backing it as a medicinal drug invalid. Many of the everyday things you breathe in and consume without thinking about it are far more pollutant to your body: from the toxins off the bottle you drink your water from to the chemicals sprayed on your vegetables. In the long run we live in a society that pollutes us even with the items we think are healthy all in the name of better profits.

Edited by Harmony

I think the whole thing is stupid. I have several family members who are complete pot heads and I think it's ridiculous. Idc about all the 'lets use it for medical reasons', pfft bullshit, it's not a valid excuse, you don't need drugs.

Seems kind of ignorant to say seeing as your logic hardly justifies a solid reason to hate it so much as you express lol.

This made me literally lol. There are a few people on my friends list who I could really see this happening to =P

Also, Emily I want to try to get what your saying but its kinda ridiculous to me. Lots of drugs are given to people for valid medical reasons...lots of people including myself would have been dead without the help of modern medicine. Just because some guys in power deem one certain substance is legal and one isn't doesn't make all of the medical research backing it as a medicinal drug invalid. Many of the everyday things you breathe in and consume without thinking about it are far more pollutant to your body: from the toxins off the bottle you drink your water from to the chemicals sprayed on your vegetables. In the long run we live in a society that pollutes us even with the items we think are healthy all in the name of better profits.

+1

Seems kind of ignorant to say seeing as your logic hardly justifies a solid reason to hate it so much as you express lol.

+1

+2

xp waste. beat off make u happy also less xp wasted kthxbai

How in the world am I being ignorant by saying people DON'T need to get high off their asses on marijuana?

@Harmony, I understand your situation, (whether you knew that or not), and ok it helped you during your time of pain, but in the end, did it really change anything for you other than kill off your brain cells or provide you quick temporary relief? Think about that statement before you just quickly decide to make a remark saying I'm being radical and ignorant. Don't get the wrong impression either, I'm not judging anyone here, I just don't think people need to resort to drugs.

@Alexdreams, Excuse me if I don't think people need to fill their bodies with such toxic.

I personally have never smoked pot, but i do think it should be legal for medical reasons. I mean if you are mature enough to handle it and take it while you are in pain then why not? lol. As long as you are not harming anyone i don't see what is so bad.