Unwatchable

Level 3 or maxed combat?

Should I gain combat?   36 members have voted

1. 1. Should I gain combat?

• Stay level 3.
    • Get 138 combat.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 posts in this topic

I'm beginning to wonder why I'm still a Level 3 Skiller. There are so many advantages for gaining combat, such as Summoning, and long-term I see myself competing for overall Ranks. This will never happen unless I gain combat.

I'd like to see what everyone thinks about Level 3 Skillers, and more specifically, what you all think about the future of my character.

I decided when I started this account in 2007 that I'd never raise it's combat level, but I feel like it's holding me back so much :verymad: !

Thanks, looking forward to replies :thumbsup: !

Edited by Unwatchable

I always thought being level 3 was stupid. It takes away 9 of the 24 skills.

I agree.

Being level 3 leaves less than half of the game content to play with.

Yet I'm still finding it hard to spend my Soul War Zeal on combat rather than Slayer. So I'll keep hoarding them for now. :D

P.S. If I do decide to get combat, I'm definitely going to make the transition in a very short time period. I'd hate to be stuck half-way :P !

Edited by Unwatchable

definitely get 138 cmb and as you said it leaves so much of the game content that you can't do - personally i'd only have a lvl 3 skiller as a side project and my main to have maxed cmb.

138 Combat. Slayer and Summoning are win. And rs isnt the same without all the skills.

With higher combat you can do monster hunting which i personally love :)

Thanks for the advice :)

The main reason I'd gain combat is for Summoning. I found a guide a few months ago which I have read over at least 3 times in full entirety.

"Benefiting from Familiars"

So many advantages for gaining combat! Yet it's quite the opposite for being Level 3. :(

definitely get 138 cmb and as you said it leaves so much of the game content that you can't do - personally i'd only have a lvl 3 skiller as a side project and my main to have maxed cmb.

+1, get 138

Being lvl 3 in the beginning would add interest and challenge, but I can't imagine keeping it up myself. I love the entirety of the game, the quests, the mini games, the diaries, monster hunting, etc. I would feel too left out being unable to ~~ do it all! Good luck with your decision, I'm sure it's a tough one.

imo i wouldnt go right 2 a goal of 138 from lvl 3 but i do agree 2 get combat up being lvl 3 is useless imo u cant skill the best way in game with alot of skills with out combat up ex: rc,mining,thieving all u need some what of a decent combat lvl to do efficiently

imo i wouldnt go right 2 a goal of 138 from lvl 3 but i do agree 2 get combat up being lvl 3 is useless imo u cant skill the best way in game with alot of skills with out combat up ex: rc,mining,thieving all u need some what of a decent combat lvl to do efficiently

I thought about this lately. How did elishot get 200M thieve exp? :mellow:

Umm about the thread. Well I guess it depends on what you want to do on rs. If you want to max get 138 because you need it :P

I think the first question I'd ask myself if I were in your position is "Why am I a level 3?". I mean what makes it better for you personally to play the way you currently do and do those pluses outweigh the ones which you would gain from training combat?

In my opinion staying level three is sort of like refusing to learn to walk irl would be as it limits your game play and sort of seems like giving yourself a handicap intentionally.

This being said - I find really well built lvl 3 accounts to be sort of fascinating and I can respect this for of gameplay - I just know I myself wouldn't enjoy it.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions :)!

It's just a big change in the way I play RS and that'll be hard to cope with. It sounds stupid, but it's the truth :P.

Then I'd have to spend a few weeks completing all the useful Quests, find out how to train Combat the fastest, etc.

Which was is the most efficient combat XP, too? Is Soul Wars useful :o?

man...hope you dont give in....i dont care what anybody says, lvl 3 skillers are fricken epic...Thats just my thought tho im sure ill get some idiot posting after me saying otherwise but dam...im after giving in to cmb before on prev skillers and regreting it. Not to say you will but in the end the choice is yours. Everybody says get cmb here because they are all 138 ask that on Clan Peasefull and you will get the totaly different answer.

The decision is easy.

As 138 you can limit yourself in your trainingsmethods to the ones used by level 3's, so it's the same challenge.

As a level 3 you can never experience the same methods (and content) as a 138.

Conclusion, 138 is the way to go.

man...hope you dont give in....i dont care what anybody says, lvl 3 skillers are fricken epic...Thats just my thought tho im sure ill get some idiot posting after me saying otherwise but dam...im after giving in to cmb before on prev skillers and regreting it. Not to say you will but in the end the choice is yours. Everybody says get cmb here because they are all 138 ask that on Clan Peasefull and you will get the totaly different answer.

Some idiot? this is a skilling clan, we see ALL skills including combat as skilling, and you're right IF the topic poster posted this on a lvl 3 skilling clan forum he would get different results but he didn't, so therefore our opinions are not considered idiotic.

Edited by ?Ava_Grace78

Anyways like i said stay lvl 3 and dont give in...you may regret it. most ppl dont understand cuz they cant hack it and cant handle a challange.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead