Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ghanburi

Planning a Cruise?

5 posts in this topic

I enjoy cruising. Here is an example of a typical week in June and what you could expect from the three major cruise lines that I've listed:

9e51464b43.png

The websites for any cruise line can be found by using google. These are www.carnival.com , www.ncl.com , and www.royalcaribbean.com . Prices listed above are per person, so a example on the Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas, booking the $2215 Balcony, (x2 is $4430) add the $191 and $96 fees (x2 $574) for a total cost $5004 for one room. Airfare to the port of departure, cost of transportation from airport to the port are additional expenses. Also a good tip is to travel the day prior to your planned cruise, stay in a hotel that provides airport and cruiseport shuttles.

OMG! $5000 for a week on a cruise? Ok, let's look at the: Room with a balcony on the ocean. The unlimited food to eat. The nightly comedy clubs and Las Vegas style shows. The transportation to experience tropical islands. The daily room cleaning and nightly turn-down service. Dance clubs, pools, spas, gym, rock climbing walls, heck the Oasis of the Seas offers an ice skating rink on deck 3...

Cruise prices change based upon supply and demand. Obviously during school break, spring break, winter break, prices are increased. These prices listed are during June, when most of us could travel. The same ships in October would cost a lot less.

Which cruise line would I recommend? They all have their own differences, and even within a cruise line, the ships can be totally different. As a general comment though, Carnival caters to a younger group of passengers, they offer comedy clubs and late night entertainment that isn't always available on other cruises.

What about the ports being visited? My favorite by far has been Grand Turk. Get away from the mob of passengers and head on down the beach a bit farther to Jack's Shack. They have a nice beach, beverages, and the jerk chicken bbq is awesome. Cozumel and Nassau are both great ports to explore. Highly recommend a visit to Senor Frogs in Freeport or Nassau Bahamas. The port I've least enjoyed? Jamaica - felt like zombies attacking me to buy crap I didn't need.

My recommendation for stateroom choice? I prefer balcony rooms, middle of the ship, near an elevator. The middle of the ship will experience the least rocking motion. We also choose a room near deck 7 or 8, as this is a nice "center of the decks" and everything is either a floor or two above us or below us. The entertainment/theatre is in the front of ships on decks 3-5, and the comedy clubs are usually at the rear of the ship on the same decks. Dining can be tricky if you accept the "predetermined time" that you are assigned. Accepting the "predetermined time" has the benefit of getting to know fellow passengers, and your staff will be the same every meal. There is an alternative "any-time dining" to allow flexibility. Regardless there is ALWAYS food available in the Lido deck dining area, and you will never go hungry.

Any questions/comments? Happy to help :-)

Ghan

Edited by Ghanburi

for $5k i can go to Asia for almost 2 months

those are really shitty prices you have listed there, 7-days were about $500 per person last i looked, although it's been awhile...

Yes that week is a high cost week. More passengers are able to travel in mid June.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0