Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marnie

Explorer's Aura (Use as portable bank for rc)

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I stumbled upon a topic on hlf discussing using the 30 min. tier 4 aura as a portable bank for runecrafting blood runes. Apparently the portal spawns close to the alter if activated there. Some testing was done at the Astral alter, however the spawn was too far to be efficient.

I personally tried the normal skilling and combat portals early this morning for the first time, and apart from picking the torstols which has a cap of 125 herbs, it appeared to be a waste of time. This runecrafting idea sounds like it might be decent though. I've copied information from the hlf post below:

Got 8.6k blood runes and 162k xp (with bonus) using:

- small, med, large, giant pouch (giant broke half way tho lol)

- full death ethereal

- abyssal titan

Gonna get massive pouches and try again tomorrow with call familiar on actionbar and stuffz cause I messed up quite a lot today :x

Portal spawned right next to the altar for me

It's a little bit faster than the wicked hood teleport things that they made untradeable

Another post:

Just tried and made 4.6k bloods in the 30 minutes. I was kinda half-assing it and didn't bother pressing 1 etc, so people can easily make significantly more if they concentrate. Still though, that was 2m in like 30 minutes for little effort, pretty decent.

Anyway thought I'd share this.

For those that haven't used their aura yet. Once you unlock the different tiers (4 in all) you can activate your aura which spawns a portal for skilling or combat (which in themselves are crappy). In either instance there is a mystery door that allows you to come and go from the instance back to the portal. In the instance is a deposit box and a bank. I hope that helps explain it a bit more.

Also the very first time you use it, activate the 1st tier (use it for the full 5 min.) then activate the second which can be used right away for 10 min. more and so on all in the same day to tier 4 (30 min.). Therefore your first day only you get 5 min. + 10 min. + 20 min. + 30 min. In order to do this save 1 task to unlock in each category and use 4 Mod chits on them one at a time.

For 29 straight days after that you only get 30 minutes every 23 hours from the time you activated the final tier the day before.

If you do want to use it for just the skilling or combat instances (you can switch it as you please during your 30 minutes) activate it in Fally West bank, as the portal spawns right underneath you. If you start it in Prif. you have to run to find the portal following arrows which wastes some of your time.

Combat Instance:

ee77015fa3.jpg

Edited by Marnie

farming torstols is like 170k farm exp/hour and 3.2-4.1m gp/hour with portal @ max guild banker

There is a cap of 125 though. You could still grab your 125 torstols and have time left over to rc bloods I suppose. Just make sure you start the instance at the blood alter (ie. activate your aura there). In order to get the herbs you still have to go into the instance, pick any herbs there, leave, go into a new instance, repeat until you've capped the herbs. Some skilling instances don't even have herbs, so just keep going in and leaving until your timer runs out. Your bank is right in the instance, the only reason you leave is to reset to get a new instance with new herbs (or for rc to use the bank in the instance).

The only monsters in the combat instances are rock lobsters regardless of the instance (100 combat lvl) total shit drops (seaweed, tinder boxes, raw lobs) but decent crimsons. If you choose to do this there is no reason to leave the instance at all during the 30 minutes unless you want to switch to a skilling one.

Edited by Marnie

Well I tried to do the blood runecrafting this morning and Jagex has ruined it. You now have to activate the aura near a bank. Guess I'll just take 10 minutes and grab my 125 torstols daily.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0