Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
July

RuneScape History Project - Clan discussion

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

My name is July and I have been working on an informative e-book about the history and development of RuneScape. One of the chapters will be about the clan world for each of the three main communities (PvP, PvM, skilling). With SU being an extremely successful skilling clan, especially before 2011, I thought it would be a good idea to contact the clan.

A particular topic that I would like to include in the project is the rivarly that existed between SU, Supreme Skillers and Divination between 2008 and 2011. I am also interested in the skilling clan world in general that existed when SU was founded in 2007, so I would like an opportunity to chat with any clan member who has been around since the early days of the clan's existence.

For now I would already like to ask a couple of question, which anyone is free to answer.

1) Did SU ever participate in the Jagex Clan Cup and what were the results?

2) When did SU reach its peak in popularity?

3) What caused SU's popularity to decline and when did that happen?

4) Skilling today is very different than it was in 2008. Back in 2008 skilling often consisted of very click-intensive training methods, whereas today this form of skilling has been replaced by "social skilling", with training methods generally being of low click-intensity. Do you miss the old type of skilling or are you happy with the new low-intensity type of skilling?

5) How was the rivarly with Supreme Skillers and Divination experienced?

6) What is your opinion on skilling and skilling clans in general today?

I hope to be able to talk to several people here as I have several more questions, preferably clan members who have been around since 2007 or 2008. For more information about the project:

-Twitter: /RsHistoryJuly

-Facebook: /RuneScapeHistoryProject

-YouTube: /watch?v=xDNimNFLsa8

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

July

were gonna be in a book bois, we made it

4) Skilling today is very different than it was in 2008. Back in 2008 skilling often consisted of very click-intensive training methods, whereas today this form of skilling has been replaced by "social skilling", with training methods generally being of low click-intensity. Do you miss the old type of skilling or are you happy with the new low-intensity type of skilling?

-Yah I miss the old days of skilling, today anyone can get the best xp rates while having their dick in their hand its really disheartening if you actually care about ranks. The only way to actually stay happy in today's skilling environment is just to care about your own goals and nobody elses.

6) What is your opinion on skilling and skilling clans in general today?

-I feel like clans hardly even cater to skillers anyone, everyone wants to PvM. Nobody comes to clans anymore looking for the best methods or advice on skilling. Now its just PvM till your rich as fuck then buy promos and skill with that, its alot more bxp based than previously.

Sorry my replies are so bad I've slept like 3 hours today after staying up writing all night.

Edited by Juju Potion

I can answer 4 & 6 too

4) The old style of skilling actually made skills somewhat more rewarding and prestigious, compare that to nowadays and it just seems many of the skills seem less rewarding. Part of this is due to the nature of the game being around for those extra years, but with faster methods to train at a lower intensity than previously, there has definitely been a shift in the attitudes towards training. Previously part of the achievement was knowing you'd really had to grind out a skill to achieve your goal (often a 99 back in the days of pre 2008), where as now I feel theres an attitude shift to that you can kinda just cruise along to a 99 if you so please. I do like that skilling has become "social" in theory, its got to be nice to have a community that skills together etc. however I feel this works out more in theory than practice as we all know theres a large chunk of the community that would rather troll than advise and then another chunk who do not speak while skilling etc.

6) Skilling and Skilling Clans... Skilling clans now cater to the "elite" players, I feel that this is a natural progression as it seems that xp rates have allowed those players who focus on skilling and have access to play large number of hours to reach levels that may have seemed incredible in 2008. Skilling has become somewhat devalued through BXP, Spins, RWT (via jagex?), so on and so on. Skilling clans are largely about the community these days, and I think that there has been a decline in the number of skilling clans as the shift from the Runescape community seems to have left PVP and Skilling for PVM farming cash. Competition and rivalry between clans seems somewhat diluted now, however that could just be from my experience (maybe I'm just caught up of the old days and using RSC/TipIt etc. to hear about other clans more

1) 2009 and 2010, didn't place in either years due to not having enough people to progress through rounds

5) Skill wars, but most of the rivalry occurred within the clan

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0